My worms seem to be happily munching on the stuff in their bucket, but I have some questions for the experienced Vermiposters…
1. Do I need to “water” their bucket? If so, how often? I have screening on the top, should I have put holes in the bucket too?
2. How often should I add food to the bucket? I’m using kitchen scraps, tea bags and coffee stuff, torn pieces of cardboard. Should I be adding anything more? With them being contained rather than in the ground, I don’t know if they’re getting whatever they need.
3. How large should their container be? I’m using an oval cat litter bucket that’s about half full of dirt and stuff.
4. Do y’all keep your bins covered?
5. How long do I need to wait before I have my first batch of worm castings?
All those questions, lol. I’ve never raised worms, so know absolutely nothing about keeping them healthy. All the instructions I’ve found have been more for building the bins, not for maintaining the worms.
Ernie is going to the coast to do some fishing next week….wonder if he thinks he’s going to get my worms????? NOT!
Once again, I welcome all comments and suggestions.
Susan ~ Patchkat