I arrived late, ate too much, visited lots…and yes, I did sew.
I finished a NYE mystery quilt top (presented by Ann Smith on TheQuiltingPost). What a fun and easy pattern. This is the same pattern WWanda used for her burgandy, cream and green version.
I made blocks for a second NYE mystery quilt, but have decided I want to make it lap size, so more cutting and sewing will be in order. Here are the completed blocks on the design wall. I love the colors and it looks so different from the blue, grey, green version.
I also finished a quilt top from a Sunshine group UGLY fabric challenge. I wouldn’t say it was particularly UGLY, just not a fabric I would’ve bought for myself, lol. Here is the fabric ~ those who know me, know I don’t do ditzy little flowers, lol.
I paired this fabric with cream and a bunch of orange and red scraps from my stash (yeah stashbusting) and here is the finished quilt top. I’m pleased with the way it turned out. No pattern, no measurements…just cut and sew. FUN.
The UGLY stuff is the little square in the center of the colored rectangles and the inner border of the outside frames.
It’s graphic, colorful, and hopefully kid friendly.
I also worked on green blocks for what is going to be a very, very GREEN quilt. Photos to come when the top is done.
Susan ~ Patchkat