Stashbusting Report

Ann from the Sunshine Quilt Guild (a Yahoo list) issued a challenge to make 12.5″ blocks from her UGLY fabric.  I pulled 7 or 8  fabrics from the stash and went to work.   I cut the uglystuff  into small pieces, then made crumb blocks using strips cut from my fabrics.   I have 20 blocks that still need to have the frames sewn on and fabrics cut for simple pinwheels from the rest of her ugly fabric.   I’ll try to get pictures tomorrow night.  I have totally run out of steam for tonight.

  •  Yardage purchased this week –0 yds
  •  Yardage used this week   2.5  yds
  •  Year to date purchased – 19.25 yds
  •  Year to date used (goal 300 yds) – 193.25 yds
  •  UFOs (goal 12) –  4
  •  Charity quilt tops made – ytd (goal 20) –  6
  • Charity quilts completed – ytd (goal 20) –  24

It’s been fun sewing this afternoon.    I used a little stash, made blocks, rearranged blocks on the design wall and sewed, sewed, sewed.  A friend sent appliqued chicken blocks and I received my appliqued cupcake swap blocks…also found the brown and yellow strip pieced blocks that I made ages ago.   That’s the makings of 3 more quilts…definately a great afternoon!

Susan ~ Patchkat

Advertisements

One response to “Stashbusting Report