A whole day of quilty stuff!

WWanda arrived about 9:30 Monday.  She travels with a Featherweight sewing machine, bags of batting, finished quilt tops, extra fabric and FOOD!   Monday saw her dragging in brisket, beans, potato salad and some homemade pickled onions. 

I pieced blocks while WWanda loaded a charity quilt on the HQ16.  Before the day was over, she was an old pro at loading, changing threads and quilting.  She brought 3 tops to quilt.  Only got 2 of them done, but she quilted the 1 I had finished first.  It’s always good to have a “warm up” quilt top to get back in the rythym of quilting as each machine is different. 

Finally,  with the 2 donation quilts done,  WWanda turned her attention to a quilt for her grandson.  I wish I’d been smart enough to take a picture when she was done.  It was a panel of deer with some country buildings.  She had cut it apart, framed bits and pieces in wood plank fabrics and added some wild flower fabric.  The quilt is wonderful!  I love the deer panel.  Anyhow, I have a “fiesta” varigated Superior thread that worked quite well on her fabrics. 

We stopped for lunch, had some fresh made cranberry muffins and more coffee.   Ernie cleaned up the kitchen while we moved back to the sewing room.  He’s too good to us :-) 

We spent some time discussing a possible quilting retreat for next year :-)  Ernie and I hosted a small group here in April 2010.  Would love to find another venue and be able to have a few more quilters.    We’re thinking about going to Houston for International Quilt Fest.  I missed the last 2 years due to health issues. 

We finished up about 5PM.  Got WWanda’s stuff loaded and off she went.  After I did a little more stitching,  I cleaned up the sewing room and collapsed into the recliner.  Busy day, but what fun it was!

If I can get back with her soon,  I’ll get photos of the quilts she finished.

Susan ~ Patchkat





3 responses to “A whole day of quilty stuff!

  1. It was a fun day. Wish I had had time to finish the other quilt, but feel good about doing three. I am not a good quilter, but I am learning. I finished the binding on the two small quilts. I decided to do the binding by hand for DGS.. Looking forward to another day for quilting.