Haven’t done much sewing, but I did cut and  “kit” up a new quilt.   This one is in scrappy greens.   Have a couple of projects I need to finish before I can stitch this one, but at least it’s ready.  I prefer projects I can grab and sew when the mood hits without having to press and cut. 

There’s also that little matter of a trip to Hobby Lobby that has to be accounted for.   One always needs solids…and I needed more ash grey and a slate blue for backgrounds and bindings on quilts that are already started.   That’s all I looked at and all I bought.   That’s not to say I’m going to always be this good…lol…there are a few fabrics I would like to add to my stash.

I finished my 13 cupcake blocks, pressed, trimmed and packaged for mailing to Denise.  :-)  Feels good to have those done.  Now to plan out a quilt for when my swap blocks come back.   I also finished the binding on a green & scrappy string pieced “Rocky Road to Kansas”.  I’ll post that when I finish the binding on the next one.   These quilts have all been counted in the Charity Quilt total.

  •  Yardage purchased this week – 4 yds
  •  Yardage used this week –11.25 yds
  •  Year to date purchased – 10.25 yds
  •  Year to date used (goal 300 yds) – 164.75 yds
  •  UFOs (goal 12) –  4
  •  Charity quilt tops made – ytd (goal 20) –  4
  • Charity quilts completed – ytd (goal 20) –  24

Susan ~ Patchkat


2 responses to “Stashbusting

  1. You’re so far ahead on fabric used, and charity quilts made already this year, that I certainly wouldn’t worry about buying a measly 4 yards!!! :-)