Alright…something different this week!  DMIL has a BD (#84) next Friday and she needs a tote to carry stuff to/from her appointments…I remembered a tote that I had started years ago in LA.  So, I used a little fabric to get the bag and it’s full lining made, straps put on and a little inside pocket.   An old UFO finished, stash used and a BD gift done!   By the end of the day, after wrestling this around the sewing machine, my arm/shoulder were screaming.  But, it’s done and I’m a happy camper!

Mardi Gras front, full lining with drawstring closure.  Bag designed by Britt-Inger.

Also get to count the fabric cut and made into extra blocks I made for the BOM!

Yardage purchased this week – 0 yds 

Yardage used this week –    3.75 yds

Year to date purchased –  75.75 yds

Year to date used  (goal 300 yds) – 267.25 yds 

UFOs completed (goal 10) –     7

 Charity quilt tops ytd (goal 30) – 19   20

All in all, for me, a good week!

Susan ~ Patchkat 


7 responses to “Stashbusting

  1. I remember the pattern! I use mine for carrying my laptop. I like your cat better. Your MIL will love it!

  2. Good to ‘hear’ that you’re back sewing more now, Susan. Even though it’s tiring, the psychological benefit is probably just what you need. MIL should love the tote – the cat is adorable!

  3. Wow – I’m sooooo impressed!!! I bow before you oh Great One!!! ggg Talk about ambitious – I get a lot done in my mind though ;)